Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dune Is My Passion.

There's something you should know before we go any further.

I'm really into Dune.

Really into it.

I watch it at least once a month. Sometimes twice.

There's just something about it. Did you know the sleeper must awaken? No? Maybe you should watch Dune.


Would you like to watch Dune with me some time? No?

That's ok.

I don't really understand why everyone hates it. The movie, I mean. I think it's great. It teaches you all kinds of things, like how fear is the mind killer. Did you know fear is the mind killer?

Sometimes when I can't fall asleep at night, I'll repeat that phrase outloud a few dozen times. It sure does work! Sometimes I say it during job interviews.

I go on a lot of job interviews. I'm not sure what the problem is. (maybe it's my breath!)

Anyway, I'll understand if you're turned off by this. I just thought you should know. It's not like I publish the love letters to Sting I write while sitting alone in bed at night thinking about how awesome Dune is. That would be weird. Did you know in the scene where Sting walks out of the "shower" he's got a total body tan, but if you look closely you can see where his wrist watch has been?

I've looked closely. Lots of times. Maybe David Lynch should reshoot that. I'll write another letter. Do you want to go out again? Next time to a movie or something? No?

That's cool. I've got stuff to do anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a feint within a feint. i too am a dune fan. did you read the books too? it get's pretty weird when people start melding with sandworms and the creepy twins appear.

got a tip and found your blog, good stuff!

-patrick

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bottled said...

Patrick of patenting fame?

Yes, i read the book, but haven't read the other books. I enjoyed it, but it's not as cool as the movie.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Captain Binky said...

Aye, Dune (movie and book) are pretty awesome. You didn't mention the absolutely stellar cast though. Duke Leto is played by that what's-his-face bloke with the hard to spell name. He's cool. And good ol' Paddy Stewart. He's cool too. And Al from Quantum Leap (minus Ziggy). Oh and Ming from Flash Gordon. He dies in the book though, in a rather similar fashion to that long-walk malarky he does in Judge Dredd. Spooky.

And the soundtrack is bloody marvellous. DUUUUH DUUUH DE-DUNNNNNN etc.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home