Monday, August 21, 2006

Let's Get Motivated!

American Splendor has been kicking around my dvd collection for the past year. I typically ignore it. Who's this comic guy, Harvey Pekar, anyway? Why should I care? Is this some artsy movie made by French people? These are the things I think about when a movie arrives in the mail that has been chosen by the ol' lady.

Most nights I would rather rewatch or reread
Dune than risk watching some brand new movie. But for whatever reason, Mandie and I watched this little gem last night.

What a good movie! It's quite entertaining and brilliantly shot, but most of all, I can really relate to this Harvey Pekar guy. For you see,

I
often feel like a loser.

I
often feel like my life isn't going anywhere.

I often find lumps on my testicles.

I often don't tell anyone about the lumps I find on my testicles.

After the movie, I felt completely motivated to complete my latest video game. Things have been really rough on that front, as my obsessive compulsive behavior really hinders development. I'll sit and rework the same background for weeks on end. To what end?

Certainly not success, if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home