Tuesday, September 05, 2006

C-SPAN Radio Rocks!

I used to set my radio alarm to NPR's Morning Edition. Personally, I think Renée Montagne sounds hot. But waking up to stories about Lebanese death-counts and Sudanese genocide can really put a damper on your day.

Since I'm a serious nerd, I now wake up to C-SPAN Radio. They have a really amusing call-in show called Washington Journal that consists of crazy people phoning into C-SPAN to voice their concerns about Demy-crats, immy-grants and those damned towel-heads.

Today's show really set the bar. One southern gentleman called in to suggest that they should make it mandatory for all passengers to carry guns on planes. Then those terrorists wouldn't have a chance, he reasoned. Then he said, "what, are yall stupid or somethin!"

Then an equally fantastic woman called in with her idea on how to stop illegal immigration:

"We have a lot of tanks, don't we?"

"Yes, I suppose we do," replied the radio host.

"And we have a lot of unemployed people, don't we?"

"Yes, that's right."

"So why don't we take all those people without jobs, put them in these tanks, and have them dig holes on the border, every hundred feet. Then we fill the holes up with water. That'll stop em!" she declared.

"Thank you for calling in, ma'am."
This stuff really gets me going in the morning. Arm every business-class wonk from Connecticut traveling on the LA-DC red-eye with a 9mm? Dig a moat along the Rio Grande? Amazing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Buschick301 said...

Wow...this was a great entry! Thanks for the heads-up on CSPAN Radio! NPR really does put me in a foul mood in the morning. I will be sure to check out CSPAN tomorrow morning.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home